Friday, September 5, 2008

RNC update #7- Sarah's Night


Wow….I’m speechless… and I am sure those of you who know me know that doesn’t happen very often. ;-) I am at a total loss to even begin to attempt to describe Wednesday evening at the convention. How does one find the words to describe the level of energy and excitement in the building after the speeches of Mike Huckabee, Rudy Guiliani, and especially that of VP nominee Sarah Palin anyways? How do I begin to put into words the emotions of 40,000 convention goers who were screaming and cheering at the top of their lungs for hours? And how do I even begin to describe how proud I am to be an American right now? Is there even a single word that can sum this up?

At first I thought “awesome” might work, but that doesn’t come close to describing the electricity and excitement in the room. “Unbelievable” maybe? Nope, I was there – I saw it – and I believe it. Maybe“historic”then? No, even that falls short. The only word I can begin to come up with is…

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I am sure those of you have at least heard excerpts of Sarah Palin’s speech by now so I’ll spare you the details. Let’s just say that she knocked it out of the park, rocked the house, and wiped the floor with her critics in the media - she even made it a point to wave at the media as she left the stage, as if to say, “you aint seen nothin’ yet”. Sarah is a fighter, and she made it clear – crystal clear that no one will stand in her way of bringing reform to Washington. I almost feel sorry for the good ol’ boy network….NOT!

In my opinion McCain could not have selected a better person to serve as his VP. She’s fresh, exciting, and, as she herself put it; a “pitbull with lipstick”. She brings energy, new ideas, and a proven record of reform. She resonates with working women and mothers, and she understands the issues that average families experience each and every day.

The next 60 some days are going to be fun to watch. Hold on to your hats folks!