Sunday, January 10, 2010

Me for NC House District 35

It is with great excitement that I announce my candidacy for North Carolina House District 35.

It is an honor and privilege to serve as the District B Representative on the Cary Town Council. During my time on the Council, I have focused on fiscal management and economic development. I have worked hard to provide the high levels of service that our citizens demand at the lowest possible cost to the taxpayer, and to create an environment that encourages business growth and creates jobs. I have supported initiatives that further protect our environment, and I have worked to bring accountability and accessibility to our government. Maybe most importantly, I have listened.

I sincerely believe that same focus is desperately needed in our state’s government. If I am fortunate enough to be elected as your state representative, I promise to bring to Raleigh the same dedication, professionalism, and energy I have brought to the Council. With my experience in both business and public service, I am prepared for the intense challenges that lie ahead in the North Carolina General Assembly.

House District 35 needs a representative who understands that in tough economic times, we must tighten our belts and live within our means. We need leadership that understands that the last thing you do in a bad economy is raise taxes. North Carolinians believe that budget cuts do not start with education.

Our state’s economic engine is sputtering. Unemployment is at an all-time high and North Carolinians want and need jobs. Small businesses are closing while our state gives away millions in sweetheart deals to select out-of-state corporations. Corruption in our state’s government is rampant and the current leadership is unwilling to do anything about it. In trying times such as these, citizens deserve accountability and transparency at the highest possible level.

North Carolina needs leadership based on sound principles and common sense. We need leadership with the strength and confidence to stand up and fight for what is right. It’s about time our government worked as hard for us as we do for it.

I promise to continue to work for and represent you on the Council with the same dedication and commitment to service as always until at which time I am fortunate enough to be elected to the state legislature. I will not allow my campaign for NC House to negatively impact my service to you on the council.

I hope you'll join me as we bring a stronger government to North Carolina. I look forward to meeting and hearing from you as I walk the district in the coming months, and I commit to carrying your concerns to Raleigh on your behalf. Together we can make a difference.

Don Frantz