Monday, March 12, 2012

Wheels on Academy

You asked for more festivals and events downtown and we listened.

This year the town will host a number of new events and activities in downtown Cary to include comedy shows, weekend concerts, festivals and other community events. You can view the town’s Calendar of Events here.

My favorite new event is Wheels on Academy – Cary’s first classic/custom car and motorcycle show. Hey, I’m a car guy, what can I say?

On March 24th from 9:00am – 5:00pm Academy Street in Downtown Cary will display the nostalgia of yesteryear as classic and custom cars take to the streets to compete for the title of “Best in Show”.

What’s that? You have a classic/custom car that you would like to display? That’s great!!! Please visit the Wheels on Academy Website here to register. But just so you know, the competition will be fierce. You might find yourself parked next to this.


That’s my car. It’s a 1991 Camaro Z28. Aint she pretty?

So, if you think you have what it takes to beat me, bring it! ;-)

I look forward to seeing you all in Downtown on March 24th. Please stop and say “hello”. I’ll be the guy trying to keep pollen off of a black car. Ya, I know, good luck with that.