Help Wanted: Cary Town
Council Calls for Candidates to Fill Vacancy
CARY, NC – Interested Cary citizens have from noon on Friday, June 1 until noon on Friday, June 29 to place their names into consideration for the unexpired At-Large Cary Town Council seat that will be vacated by Julie Robison effective June 30. To be considered, candidates must be at least 21 years old, live within the Cary corporate limits, be registered to vote and not have any disqualifying factors, such as sex offenses and felonies. Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible for appointment.
Cary citizens interested in the job should prepare a Statement of Interest and Qualifications (SOIAQ) that addresses all -- but need not be limited to -- the following:
• Name, street address, mailing address (if different from street address), zip code, telephone number, and email address;
• Describe why you want to serve as a Cary Town Council member;
• Describe your perspective on Cary’s growth management and what you would do, if anything, to change it;
• Describe your perspective on Cary’s financial management and what you would do, if anything, to change it;
• Willingness and ability to serve until citizens elect a successor in the fall 2013 Cary municipal election;
• Community involvement, community connectedness;
• Previous government experience;
• Other relevant experience;
• Occupation and place of employment (if applicable); and
• Other personal qualities.
SOIAQs should be submitted to Town Clerk Sue Rowland by noon on June 29, 2012 via email at email@example.com. All persons who submit an SOIAQ will receive an email confirmation.
Following the deadline, all SOIAQs will be placed on the Town's website. SOIAQs are public records under North Carolina law and will be shared with others upon request and without notice; therefore, please do not include private identifying information on the SOIAQ, such as Social Security numbers. For more information, search “Council Vacancy” at www.townofcary.org or call (919) 469-4011.
Sue Rowland, Town Clerk, (919) 469-4011
Carrie Roman, Public Information Specialist, (919) 481-5091
Susan Moran, Public Information Director, (919) 460-4951
***Please note that email sent to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.